Wednesday, December 26, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!


Every time I hear someone has a birthday, or I celebrate mine, I like to think that the celebrant, if his/her mother is alive, should get the present for having gone through childbirth. Of course it never happens, but it would be nice.

There once was someone who did something different on his birthday when it came to gifts, my brother-in-law John.

Today is John’s birthday, his first in Heaven where I know he is, and I’m sure everybody that he touched in his life who preceded him there is celebrating.

But what did John do on his birthday you ask?

How about he gift-wrapped presents to give to his family, on his birthday? Yes, I’m talking to you. He GIFT-WRAPPED presents on HIS birthday and gave them to my older sister Tessie (much older) and his three kids and any grandchildren lying around the house!

This was an act of love, unselfish and a show of devotion to his family!

I think it fortunate that he was born the day after Christmas, because it made it easier to understand that Christmas should be celebrated not once a year but always. His gift to the world was his kindness, his worrying about his family and his need to do anything, go anywhere and asks anyone for help when it came to his family. He was the embodiment of the Christmas spirit.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!

No comments: