Tuesday, December 25, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANNUKA AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


I hope I covered everyone.

I think getting angry over “Happy Holidays!” as a greeting is a little sad. Saying what you want is important, but it is perfect for the crowds in general. Who’s Christian, who’s Jewish, so “Happy Holidays!”  ties it up nicely. I have many Jewish friends and do wish them a happy holiday as well as my Christian friends.

This Christmas is special since we have a houseguest, who is meeting the family for the first time. A very nice young lady who happens to be my Aunt Marie’s granddaughter Christina will be staying at my home. Christina is my cousin Billy’s daughter and we met at my aunt’s funeral back in May. She has hopefully survived Christmas Eve dinner and now will be trying her luck at Christmas dinner which will be spent at my niece and nephew’s home, Laurie Ann and Gerard.

And so I wish you the best of this holiday. Let us put aside our prejudices, and bury our arguments and seek peace with one another.

Remember this is a holyday for Christians, and so keep God in mind, as it is a Holy time for Jews to keep G-d in mind. If you are neither, remember the spirit of the time and keep your hearts in mind.

Say a little prayer or a moment of reflection for the families of those children who were murdered in the Sandy Hook elementary school, Connecticut.

Remember all those that have passed and those that are sick or alone, pray for us all, or reflect on their lives too. Then go and have a great day.

Peace and love to all.

No comments: