Sunday, January 20, 2013

“A LITTLE SONG, A LITTLE DANCE, A LITTLE SELTZER DOWN YOUR PANTS”


Chuckles the Clown R.I.P.

Chuckles the Clown
90 Is suppose to be the new 70, or so I’ve been told. People are living longer and advances in medicine are supposed to continue to help that trend. They also are working longer, but not necessarily because they want to! I got a jump on 90, for a change I’m way ahead of the curve and its not good!

According to my doctor’s it seems if I want to live long, I have to walk. Yes walking is going to keep me alive: to where? That is the problem, I could walk around the block and if I do I’m back to where I started, that’s not good! I could walk to somewhere, but then I need a ride back, and that doesn’t make sense. I once tried a treadmill, and that got me nowhere.

God only knows how many diets I have tried, and like everyone else, even when you lose weight, it creeps back on. Diets seem to be losing their punch and popularity. Like everything the media reports on, the new popular belief being blown out of proportion is: eat everything you like, just in moderation. I try that and Dr. Strangeglove, takes my blood and checks for cholesterol, and the last time found a whole banana cream pie in my arteries. I ate it a little at a time too!

Getting older is a losing battle. You naturally gain weight in my family, the ‘Genes and Jeans’ problem so to speak. Let’s face it, some of us are lucky and some of us a like me. ‘Fatigued At Trying’ or F.A.T. people like myself wage a continuous battle and are losing.

TLW (The Little Woman) eats like a bird, which is very little and complains very rarely. She gives it a doggedly attempt like a trooper. I think I eat like a bird too, but it turns out according to TLW to be Big Bird!
Chuckles has nothing on me!

Rather than make a resolution this year, I thought I’d just quietly try to eat less. I have been doing the half portions routine and saving the rest for lunch. Then I realized I was eating bigger lunches lately, and I wonder where the weight is coming from. My problem is I hate to waste food, growing up in a family that enjoys food and one that always by tradition cooked well. Mom is 94, and I checked her refrigerator, and she eats very well! There is food in her pantry I dream about! She doesn’t take medication and is very sharp as she always was! Maybe I should have listened to my mother more.

Interestingly enough, I am becoming less of a meat eater and love fresh vegetables. The problem is I have to eat with TLW. I hate Weight Watcher’s meals, its like eating fake food, almost synthetic, and if I can’t at least enjoy what I eat, why bother?

Then there is always tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Try to befriend people fatter than you and hang out with them.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.