Saturday, January 12, 2013

WOW!!!

-->
My son the writer did it again!

He used to make the National Junior Honor Society, the National Honor Society, graduated from UNC and went to work for TV, then to make things even better, married a wonderful girl! Although he was successful academically and socially, he was not a nerd, used to walk around with a baseball glove in his hand, and a smile on his face. He could trace every college in the March Madness charts, knew all his baseball, football and basketball players and probably still does.

As a little kid, he used to go to work with me into the city, and later in life at my job at PCH, where he then got one himself and I got to be Joe Del Bloggolo, Senior Art Director/Art Supervisor before he came to Anthony’s Dad after he impressed everyone including me!

The People’s Choice Awards were on a few night’s ago, and I had to write this blogue after because I am beside myself with pride. I want to write something that will be understood, that is cogent and to the point, and still I can’t!

I know this: my strategy worked while raising him, I used to tell him as his father, his parental guardian, the man that led the little blond kid to decisions based on a single mantra: “Go ask your mother.” It really paid off!


So please bare with me, all you who know him will agree, he’s a simple guy with a great appreciation of his fellow writers who make up this incredible staff of award winning writers, and he often reminds us of that fact. I’d want that attitude on my team too.

After The Big Bang Theory won the People’ Choice Award, I went to bed and I thought back about 5 years ago when there was a writer’s strike, and he was having self doubts about himself. Somehow he felt the loss of what he loves to do, write, and I stayed with him until he found himself, and got back to who he really is, a good kid and a great son.

Congratulations, Kid, your mother, brother and I are very proud, and yes we know there were other great writers and actors that contributed to the show, but they are all special talents, and you walk with them.

Love, Dad
Touch a palm tree for me.

4 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow! Now I don't know what to say. A son goes his whole life trying to impress his father. And while I always knew you were proud of me -- it's really touching to read about it like this. Thank you so much for all you've done for me and continue to do for me. I would never have been up on that stage if it wasn't for you and Mommy. I love you.

-#1 Son

Michele depalo said...

Well, you've both gone and done it. I am overcome with emotion and am actually crying over the blog and Anthony's response to it – the poignant words of both a proud father and a grateful son.

Congratulations, Anthony! It was a thrill to see you up on that stage, (and I don't even know you).

Anonymous said...

Just so you'll know, Claire and I, his mother-and-father-in law, (and mother of TLC) are equally proud of him! You guys raised a great kid who became a great man (and now husband). Thank you, Joe and Ellen, for sharing him!
Roger Hyde