Saturday, February 16, 2013

SHE NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME!

-->
On Saturday afternoon, right after the blizzard, my cell phone rang while TLW (The Little Woman) was on the phone talking to one of her sibs. It was #2 Son in his quest to find his mother. I didn’t recognize the phone number from the caller ID.

“Hello?”

“Eh, how ya doin?” (Do you know what tuition cost these days?)

“Hi Mike!”

“You guys home?”

“Your mother is on the phone with someone.”

“Oh! Could you tell her to call this number when she is done?”

I write the number down and tell TLW when her call is over.

“Your son wants you to call him at this number, as I rattle off the phone number.

“Are you sure it’s 51 and not 61?” she asks.

“That is what I wrote down.” I respond with uncertainty.

“I have it as 61!”

“OK, use that one, I probably made a mistake.”

She dials her phone number and things go downhill.

“Hi, I’m calling for Michael?”

“I’m Michael, who’s this?”

“Michael’s Mom.”

“My mom is dead!”

“Oh! I’m sorry, I must have dialed the wrong number! “

The other party mentions where he lives and TLW says…

“Oh! I’m from the Ronkonkoma area! How did you do with the snow?” she says.  He responds and…
“Oh my goodness, really! Well thank you for letting me talk to you.”

Hanging up she says to me:

“You wanted me to do that right, be nice and not just hang up?”

“What time did you invite him for dinner?”

No comments: