Tuesday, February 26, 2013

TIME TO BEAT THE DRUM ONCE MORE!


Where has all the time gone? It seems like it was only yesterday that I put on my Chinos and button down shirt (it even had on in the back on the collar). Gathered all my homework, books and clean gym uniform, teased one or all of my sisters and headed out to the bus stop.  It was there that I made my first contact with schoolmates and started the day.
BHS Class of 1964 50th Reunion Site
49 years later I look about and realize it will be 50 years since I graduated from high school, time to meet once again, this time in the back of a Volkswagon, there are so few of us, to plan a reunion. 49 years ago, if I met in the back of a Volkswagon I would not be planning a reunion, 49 years later I don’t remember why that is!

THE big event itself
The best part of the reunion the last time was the meetings planning it. We did nothing but laugh, making fun of each other and coming up with ideas while trading news. It seemed everyone in the room had a contribution to make and did, I hope we all do it again.
You can't stop these ladies from having a good time!
I’m hoping we can find something to do that is unique, something as they say: out of the box thinking. They were all smart people in the room the last time, so it shouldn’t be too hard.
A reunion in Florida
Hopefully, finding people will not be that hard this time out, since we have opened up the lines of communications already, and have had a couple of trips and what not together already.
Birthday parties
The last time we had a reunion we had a great time. In many ways I’m glad we had it for our 45th reunion, since so many attended passed on since then.  There is a core of people that I hope will step forward and help out in bringing what’s left of us together to share more memories and maybe take time out to remember those no longer with us.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Nice that you keep in touch with old classmates...friendships are one of life's real blessings.