Sunday, March 10, 2013

BEST BUY? HA!


Today I went into Best Buy to purchase an external hard drive. As I perused the different types and read up on them, I decided that I liked one in particular and went over to a young man wearing a Best Buy blue shirt. The young man was standing behind the computers that transact the purchases and was just talking.

Carrying the box that housed the external hard drive, I asked if he could help me and answer a question for me. The young man could not be more than 24 years of age, if that and looked at me when I asked, not sure he wanted to help me.

“Does this hard drive automatically back up the computer as I work on a file?”

“No, I don’t think so, you gotta plug it in first!” He was serious.

“I know you have to plug it in first, but I’m not sure that it says what I think it is saying.” I continued.

“Nah, they don’t do that, they don’t back up anything!”

I point to the little paragraph in 8-point type and show him the paragraph.

“Oh! Yeah I guess so!” he states.

 “I Have one more question…”

Just then a young lady in a Best Buy shirt walks up to the young man and interrupts our conversation.

“You wanna switch ladders with me? This one is easier for me; maybe you can help me move it too.

I stand there dumb founded! Amazed that they would leave a customer in mid sentence, holding a product they wish to buy without excusing themselves or better still, the young man saying that he needed to help the customer, when he was finished doing that he would help the young lady.

If you are wondering why this great country isn’t so great any more, it is because of idiots like the two that work at Best Buy! One would think that a company would properly train their employees to understand the products they sell and customer courtesy and satisfaction! No wonder the company is in such trouble, who wants to deal with idiots? It is better to go on-line, and maybe somewhere where they service is professional and courteous.




No comments: