Sunday, April 07, 2013

BOY, AM I PROUD!


Recently I jumped into the 21st century by virtue of a cell phone! As you all know, cell phones are virtuous, it’s the phone, not the user.

A thing of beauty
It seems TLW (The Little Woman) decided that I use my cell phone a lot, and maybe it is time to get one of those newer up-to-date babies with the text messaging and camera contacts and other ‘apps’ that everyone else has. Being how I eat all my vegetables and do what I’m supposed to like a good husband. (I’m still working on listening)

Can you hear me now?
Having this phone has changed my outlook on life. I guess it is akin to dare I say it: ‘Penis envy’. Sorry ladies. But all this time I have owned a small little phone, while everybody else has a big phone, one where they can display it proudly in public. They whip it out and start stroking the screen, texting, calling and surfing the Internet. Me? I had one of those tiny little phones that doesn’t take pictures any more, because the service stopped storage of them, you can text, but you have to go through the number keyboard which holds up to 4 letters, so you are constantly making mistakes, no GPS, no real Internet on the small screen, no nothing!

Smile, I'll take your picture!
I used to hide my cell phone, not showing it in public, going to board meetings, where everyone would put their phones on the conference table, me, I shut mine off, hid it in my glove compartment, no one knowing that I had such a small, embarrassing phone. It was sad.

So now I am electronically adept, I have a Kindle Fire, an I-pad, and now, pray tell, an almost I-phone! It’s not an Apple, but it is pretty darn good, and it is a popular mid-priced model. Nothing to be ashamed of anymore! Could you call it a ‘phone implant’?

No comments: