Sunday, April 14, 2013

BREAK FAST

-->
My old classmates from high school, Bellport High School, get together on occasion and try to keep in touch. We have been doing this since 2010 when we had a reunion for the whole class, and now we are planning another reunion for our 50 years as graduates of the august institution I have just mentioned.

What a great bunch of lookers!
The occasion for this gathering was the yearly visit of one Martha Scott, one of my original dates going way back to 8th grade. She and I tripped the lights fantastic or something like that at a sweetheart dance I believe. After the double date, we coked and dined (Soda folks) at Donato’s Pizzeria and Restaurant, on the deck outside under the moonlight. Life was simple, you just made sure you got home by 11:00 PM or else.

As you know the definition of breakfast is to break the fast of the night, and at 9:00 AM I was ready to break anything if I didn’t eat soon, and fast! However, the fast we broke collectively was one of not seeing each other. You might say it was a sweet repast.

It is great meal when you eat with friends. It is one of the past times that give me pleasure, just like when I eat with family. We talked about old times, tried to clear our memories of certain places and things and talk about who is still alive. No one checked my pulse so I assume they think I am still alive.

The class itself has always been filled with spirit, class spirit, and I think that that is the greatest gift one can have besides the education you get from High School. These are people who have lived their lives and some of our years have been tough, and some great, but all of them have taught us something, that life goes on, but that we must never lose touch with one another, or who we really are and where we came from.

Its always a pleasure, guys!


No comments: