Tuesday, April 16, 2013

WASHINGTON, ALBANY, LOS ANGELES, CHICAGO AND EVEN PHILADELPHIA!

-->
I feel like Marco Polo, traveling all over the US of A! From mid-April to June, I will be on the road, and although some of it is without TLW (The Little Woman), I won’t complain.

Washington, D.C.
I start out going to Washington, a trip I just completed as you read this and of which more will be written about. This is the senior trip I never took in high school, because some genius thought that a dude ranch would be better! While every class in the world went to Washington D.C. for their senior trip, ours went to an upstate dude ranch. It could be that far up state either, because we did it in one day!

They told us we were going horseback riding and we each got a horse. Mine was named Apache, and all he did was try to get me off his back! He’s go up to a tree and rubs his side along the tree, and I would have to take my foot out of the stirrup and ride one legged. It was very impressive since it looked like I was practicing for a rodeo, but it was a little annoying. Riding that bag of bones and glue wasn’t bad enough, but when I jumped down off the nag, I step in you-know-what, and it was probably Apache’s!

I have been to Washington D.C. before, and TLW and I were talking about it and she reminded me that we have been there about 4 times. One incident she was talking about I couldn’t quite remember, then she said it was the best-fried chicken she ever had at this restaurant. That lit the bulb for me and she said: “I knew if I mentioned food you’d remember.” This goes along with #1 Son’s theory that I remember every meal I ever ate.

Chicago, Il.
One of the trips I look forward to is kind of special. The trip to
Wrigley Field, Chicago
Chicago will be to see a series of games between the Mets and the Chicago Cubs, with my two sons. #2 Son will have finished school and #1 Son is on a hiatus for his show until August, so we will meet in Chicago, do some ballgames and sight-see! Pretty neat for a father, no?

Los Angeles, Ca.
Los Angeles is special because I get to see and visit with TLC (The Lovely Courtney) my daughter-in-law! She is graduating from college and will join the ranks of the ‘creative’s’ of this world! Well, I got news for her: she is already there!

Albany, NY
Albany will be a working trip, as I attend a Board of Governor’s convention for NYSARC, Inc., the governing body for the agency I belong too for people with developmental disabilities. This convention is capped by a stop over in Little Italy for dinner with my fellow board members. Speaking of which, one will be accompanying me to:

Philadelphia, Pa.
Philadelphia, and a ballgame between the Mets and Phillies.
Citizen's Bank Park, Philadelphia
Gentleman Jim Mc Eneany, our esteemed President of the board, a former New York Giants baseball fan and current Mets fan, and I a former Brooklyn Dodger fan and current Mets fan will make the one-day journey to the city of brotherly love where we hope the Mets don’t get killed!

No comments: