Thursday, May 16, 2013

FEELING IT


Recently I have been having a great deal of trouble with my back. It seems it started out in February and I’ve spoken to the doctor about it and he thinks that what I have is not something that will go away, nor will a surgeon because of its location operate on!

This past few weeks I have experienced more pain and it seems to get worse as the days go on. I am scheduled to see an orthopedic this coming Tuesday and hopefully he can at least tell me what is wrong.

The pain is persistent and will not allow me to concentrate on even simple things. While I was in California it was really nagging me to the point I couldn’t even converse on a decent level! Sitting on a hard chair was excruciating and made me nuts, but I didn’t want to complain because of the occasion.

One day we went to Disneyland and I was determined to have fun in spite of the pain. I rented a scooter and took advantage of its soft seat and the fact that I didn’t have to stand or walk all day, a very smart thing to do! Getting on the rides was a different story, and frankly, they hurt. The jerking, stopping and starting, the pulling and twisting does not help a bad back.

I think getting old sucks! This problem has been sneaking up on me for the last year. I thought it came from exercising and now I’m not so sure. I think it probably stems from some work I did many years ago for my dad, and that is when I first felt it, I must have been in my early to middle thirties when it started.

Anyway, next Tuesday I do something about it.

No comments: