Saturday, May 25, 2013

GETTING AND GIVING BACK

-->
Dr. Strangeglove
I recently within the last 4 months have had some back pain. The pain has been nagging and consistent.  It starts in the lower back and can radiate throughout the back. I went to the doctor: Dr. Strangeglove this month to complain some more, and take his mind off of politics and Obama Care. From talking about what is wrong with Obama to talking about my medical condition was a big transition. The good doctor decided on a second opinion so he could think about what is wrong with Obama again.

I go to a surgeon who is part of a large group. The reception room is loaded with bored people waiting to be told to come back again and wait some more. There is a glass-enclosed counter that houses office staff and a certain Mrs. A. Tilla. Now Mrs. A. Tilla is in charge of the poor ladies that have to feed their families and lets them know it. She is busy berating one of her minions, who has a question and seems like a nice lady. The poor woman catches my eye and I roll mine, in sympathy. She smiles.


Mrs. A. Tilla: “CAN I HELP YOU?"

“Eight o’clock, Dr. Sterling.”

Handing me a bunch of papers, she says:
“CAN I HELP YOU?"
Mrs. A. Tilla:  Fill these out. Make sure you fill out THIS  form first. Then bring it to me and your insurance card and your license. BUT MAKE SURE TO FILL THIS FORM OUT FIRST!”

I take her forms and put the one she wants me to fill out first on the bottom of the pile. Her attitude required me to have small victories even if I am being silly. There is a lady next to me watching the TV that is so loud, TLW (The Little Woman) called me from home and asked if it was possible to lower the volume! I comment that there wasn’t this much paper work when I applied for college!

As I search through my wallet and find not one but two insurance coverage cards and decide that maybe I should bring them both up and let Mrs. A. Tilla decide which one she needed.

Mrs. A. Tilla: I have TWO cards here. Looking at me with a look of anger she says: WHY DO I HAVE TWO CARDS????

“BECAUSE I HAVE TWOOOOO CARDS!”

Mrs. A. Tilla: “OH! Then I’ll take THIS card.”

One of her other assistants sees all this and very sweetly says to her: “No, that one is a dental insurance card.”

Mrs. A. Tilla: “OH! My assistance says I should take THIS card, handing me back the other.”

“Yes she did, thank goodness SOMEONE knows!”

Her look never changed, that Mrs. A. Tilla, what a Hon  ey.




No comments: