Tuesday, May 07, 2013

ITS THAT KIND OF DAY


Very early this morning I went out to the local convenience store and noticed an old car in the parking lot. It must have dated to the late 1980’s or early 1990’s. Going into the store, at the counter was a guy dressed in blue grey shorts and a shirt that said he was from the USPS. I got right behind him and he left and I then paid for my purchase and left on his heels almost.

I watched him drive off in his old clunker and thought that the government should pay these guys more than they do, it seemingly a shame he had to drive that old car. The more I obsessed over it the more I thought that from his age, he must have a kid or two in college and he’s paying for it.

A little later in the day, I went to get myself some sushi, and as I left the place I stopped at a light and there next to me was a woman, middle aged and with a handicapped parking tag hanging from the rear view mirror. The poor woman was driving a clunker to rival the postman’s I saw earlier. She sat in the car and looked like she was in pain somewhat and it made my angry that she was being treated like that in this society that gives millions and millions away, yet we can’t be kind to our own.

This poor lady with a physical disability was paying for it with hard times. Probably a low-paying job was keeping her down, and her disability would only make here life harder as she got older. What is wrong with that picture?

Maybe I’m becoming a whoosie or bleeding heart Liberal, maybe a big sissy, but it bothers me that people who work for the government and people who are at a physical disadvantage are made to pay for things in life twice. That poor lady has not only a physical problem, but because of it a financial one as well. That postman, working hard for his money to pay tuition and the government not giving him any assistance because he makes too much, the brain child of the brain dead congressmen who made these laws.

The postman works to give his kids a better life, the poor lady making-due and holding on for some help that will never come. How do we change the mindset in this country, when we see these things and say: that’s the way it is, too bad!

What if we threw a party and nobody came? In other words we stop voting, and before we do we make one caveat for being elected into office: you need a certain percentage of the constituency to be elected. In other words, if there are 100,000 in a voting block for office, and minimum of 50% had to vote, or there is a vacant office. This way we can stay away in droves and not legitimize the bastards!

No comments: