Sunday, July 28, 2013

IS THIS GONNA HURT?


Dr. Whaite A. Whyle
I arrived promptly for my 12noon appointment with Dr. Whaite A. Whyle, for my E.M.G.: which is like an E.E.G. without brains. Dr. Whyle is looking for the cause of all the back pain today may become a defining moment.

As I enter the reception area, the young lady behind the counter greets me and being a college graduate I respond by saying: “Hi, my name is Joe Del Bloggolo”. This seems kind of lame to me so I add something really intelligent so she knows whom she’s dealing with. “Yes, I’m here to see Dr. Whyle.” (First impressions are very important!)
 
Her: “Oh, I see you are here for an E.M.G.!”

“Why yes I am, but WHAT is an E.M.G.?”

Her: “Well, it’s a … what they do is… they get these needles and…”

“Needles?”

Her: “Yes well they do like acupuncture and…”

“Needles! Acupuncture? I didn’t know Dr. Whyle is Chinese! You wait for me to get here to tell me this? How big are these needles???”

Suddenly I hear a voice from behind me. A lady sitting with her husband pipes up: “Oh, it doesn’t hurt, the needles are very thin. The doctor will stick them in your legs all over”

As I walk to a seat, across from the couple she continues: “I remember when they were big fat needles, they used to hurt! Now they are so thin…”

“You know Ma’am, I would have paid for that information!”

Tomorrow: THE MOMENT OF TRUTH!





No comments: