Friday, July 12, 2013

LIVING ON THE EDGE!


I decided that TLW (The Little Woman) should have as much as possible to make her life easy. Living with me you’d agree is no easy task.

One of the things I love that she gave me for a present one year during the spreading of Yuletide cheer was a GPS (Global Positioning System), which helps me find the end of the driveway and back again. You all know how men are reportedly stubborn when it comes to directions, being they get them all day long from their wives. Whenever we got lost and she’d say: “Mr. Magellan, ask for directions!” I would because the day still had more hours in it and she was wide awake, but I would always pass the gas station and go into a convenience store. (Snacks)

So I decided to get one for her for her birthday. This is the same woman who argues with mine all the time with the lady in the GPS and has repeatedly asked me to replace her! Now I don’t like to lay off people, even if they do tell me what to do.

One day a brand new GPS arrived at the house and she began the process becoming even more computer literate than ever.

“Since I forwarded an email the other day, I decided to try to install my GPS by myself on their Internet registration site!”

She has been walking around the house on a high and even installed the actual GPS! This of course is all very capable for her, but she never thinks so. Then one day she sits down next to me and with apologetic eyes says:

 “I’ve got something to tell you”

“What???”

“My GPS has something yours doesn’t!”

“What???” (I’m telling you, four years of college really paid off!)

“IT TELLS ME WHEN A SAFETY CAMERA IS COMING UP!”

This is too much for me to bear: and I recline in my chair, my mind going blank and a sadness shading my spirit. The safety camera has caught me twice so far, causing two lectures from TLW!

“If you like we can trade.” (Now that was sweet!)

“No, you should have it.”

“You sure?”

“Yes, I like living on the edge!”

No comments: