Thursday, July 11, 2013

MY JOB


Since I retired I had to weight the choices when it came to retirement and what I wanted to do with my free time. I felt it should be constructive and amusing time spent, and came to the conclusion that what I needed to do was return to the old days when I lived at home with Mom and Dad.

I decided to become a P.E.S.T.! (Post Evaluation Sister’s Time)
What this means is if there is a sister out there, especially on Facebook, it has become my job to help her see things more clearly. (Like I do)

There are 4 sisters out there, so there is so much work to do and so little time to do it! There is Tessie, my older sister (much older) who needs constant reminders of where she is, as there is Fran (Nippy) from Connecticutch, (The kielbasa state) when I see her, I have to hide my Jack Daniels when she’s around, there is Mary Ann (Marioocha) who flies around on either JetBlue or her broom and finally there is Joanne, (Joya Ann), my Italian grandmother’s biggest challenge was to say her name in English while avoiding being hit with a baton!

Now P.E.S.T. is not easy work, you have to look for the flaws that they each have, try to get their attention (usually with an ad in the mall) and then correct the faux pas. I try to make it as uncomplicated as possible since it is a difficult job with all that work!

They of course do not see the benefits immediately of my sacrifice, but I know my unselfishness will not go by unrewarded by the masses, and although I do enjoy P.E.S.T., and all it implies, it is my life’s work now.

Just the other day, while visiting Tessie my older sister (much older) she was screaming that her TV wasn’t working! When I calmly explained to her it was her microwave, she suddenly calmed down, said: “Thank you brother!” and went back into the microwave, screaming at the dish complaining it was a leftover re-run! You see it does get complicated!

And so all my hard work is rewarding to me. It settles me down, amused me and gives me an opportunity to help others that NEED my help!

No comments: