Wednesday, July 10, 2013

YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS YOUNG


“Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly”

The BEATLES

What is this all about you wonder?

Well, since April, I have been experiencing back problems as you know. I reported how I went to the doctor and then a surgeon, Dr. A. Tilla. The surgeon sent me for an MRI and yesterday I went back to the surgeon again to discuss the results.

Dr. Strangeglove
Dr. A. Tilla
The MRI people gave me a CD to give to the surgeon. Yesterday we made a decision after looking at the pictures, because of the bulging disks and infections and what not, (a real mess but nothing unusual) to do a electro magnetic scan for nerve damage and a shot that was painful and applied to the area where the pain in the back is in the spinal area.

The cure is worse than the actual problem! Boy does that hurt!

Dr. A. Tilla: “Now I will shoot you with an epidural. This is what they give to pregnant woman, but you won’t be bringing anything home with you! You should start feeling better in a couple of hours or by tomorrow morning.” He then went on to tell me that the shot would require occasional visits and that some people feel better than others, and sooner rather than later.

He also said that diabetes could be the reason for the pain, in that it can attack the body at various locations! In other words, he is not sure and doesn’t know!

The rest of the day I wait to start feeling better, and nothing is happening. The next morning I awaken to more pain! It seems the shot hasn’t helped and the pain is now intensified where the shot was administered!

I am trying to be patient, not a big baby, but it is annoying me. It seems that yesterday; actually a few short months ago, I was in the pink, today I am in the stink!

I miss yesterday.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Feeling bad is no fun but it's damn frustrating when they can't pinpoint the cause. Hope they get to the problem soon and fix it...in the game of life, we need you at shortstop.