Wednesday, August 14, 2013

IDLE MINDS


You have all experienced it at least once in your lives. You come to a stop sign and or a red light. As the cars arrive behind you or next to you, you suddenly hear this low rumbling. Someone has a radio or CD player on extremely loud, enough to annoy and offend, as the moron enjoys himself going deaf.

People like that, showing inconsideration for their fellow man/woman should be put to sleep like a sick dog. This is not cruel or unusual punishment: this just makes good plain sense. A few positive things are accomplished, all to the betterment of mankind. We rid the planet of unnecessary noise pollution, we rid ourselves of one moron, we open up the traffic lanes without the imbecile on the highway, and it is one less draining the health care industry in the future hearing loss that keeps things expensive, and most of all, I don’t get annoyed.

The other day I was in between two lights on a short road, which at each end has a traffic light. Of course all lights turn red as I approach them, and so was this in fine working order. I was heading north when I stopped. Going south the light turned red also, and this jeep, open without its roof on was next to me waiting for his red light. He has his audio system on to help guide a passing jet to L.I. MacArthur Airport. The noise was unbearable. Dopey had his sunglasses on, and looked around like he was the absolute embodiment of ‘cool’. Of course he wasn’t, I am!

Anyway the noise was loud, and I gave him a dirty look and yelled out, “make it louder!” Of course stupid didn’t hear me and continued to look smug and annoying and inconsiderate. Thank God I don’t carry a gun.

Well, I was getting madder and madder and needed to do something. Why at such a short while I needed to get upset speaks to my age, yes, I am an old fart I guess. So I decided to play his game. I rolled down my window and turned on the radio, FULL BLAST! The moron didn’t know what hit him, a look of total confusion coming out of his primitive features, head spinning around trying to figure out how Perry Como mixed into whatever he was listening to!

AS the light changed, he sees me and I give him a smile and a hearty wave, knowing I annoyed him back and made him look silly.

Life is good!

No comments: