Thursday, August 29, 2013

NOW HOW DID I KNOW THAT?


Some things in life are so predictable! Like for instance last week on Tuesday two things were suppose to happen, the delivery of the dishwasher we got from P.C. Richards and a stretch cover installation for the pool.

The good people from P. C. Richards said that the delivery guy would call with a four-hour window for installation. This sounded reasonable, as long as they came, and didn’t make a promise they couldn’t keep. I would be back to placing the dishes and cups into the dishwasher, instead of washing them all by hand!

Tuesday was spent waiting for the installer to come and install my stretch cover over the pool. The cover is nice because it is placed even with the ground, so no water or leaves accumulate in the pool, and I don't have to pump the water and scoop out the leaves, a process that can take forever and happens twice a year!

So Tuesday would be a special day, an almost day of rejoicing.

On Tuesday like clockwork, the installer for the dishwasher calls; “We’ll be at your house between 2:00 and 6:00 pm! The day before the pool guy said he would be at my home on Tuesday, for sure.

Now, any reasonable person would think first: I hope I’m first on their schedule”, and second: “I hope I’m not last on their schedule!” Guess which one I was, with both Bozos? Yes, last, like the horse I once bet on, he tip-toed in the next morning!

So now we are talking around dinnertime, and I am hungry, no, starving is a better word. The Pool Guy arrives first and begins the installation, as I look at the clock. 5:35 PM, and no dishwasher yet, as I sit in my chair resigned to the fact that they will call and re-schedule. Just then, TLW (The Little Woman) announces:

 “They’re here!”

Now I have one eye on the pool and one eye on the kitchen, the pool guy giving me updates and the dishwasher guys joking with me. Finally the pool guy calls me out to the pool area to announce he is done and gives some information about the love and care for the cover with the bill in his hand while the installer of the dishwasher is now hovering about anxious for me to sign his papers so he can go off. All at once, as they came, so they left!

Just once in my life I would like to get a delivery on time, on the date promised, and be the first one on their route. I just knew all this was going to happen.

No comments: