Saturday, August 24, 2013

THEY JUST STINK!


A lousy place to do business
My Saturday started off by my going to Lowe’s to hand them the signed cancellation paper and to refund my credit card for the dishwasher.

Walking into Home Depot or a Lowe’s rattles my brain. I hate the loudness of it all. Me, I’m a serene kind of guy, I like my house and my women quiet.

Walking up to the customer service counter, a woman, asks what I want.

I’m here to cancel a contract for a dishwasher.

May I ask why?

Because they were supposed to call me with an installation time, and date that the dishwasher would be installed, and they did neither, that’s why.

The woman passes it on to another salesgirl like a hot potato, who asks: Can I help you?

I’m here to cancel a contract for a dishwasher.

May I ask why?

Once again I say: Because they were supposed to call me with an installation time, and date that the dishwasher would be installed, and they did neither, that’s why.

OK, I’ll charge it back onto your credit card.

Thank You!

She comes back with the sales slip and it is $35 short of the total I charged.
Thank you have a nice day.

I look at the receipt and see that it is $35 short of the $598 I was charged!

Excuse me, why is it short $35???

Because the $35 is what we charge for measuring.

Did anyone ever tell you that sometimes you can hear one of your parents come out of your mouth? At that moment, not only did my father come out of my mouth, but my Uncle Joe, and my Grandfather Joe.

MEASURING UH GOTZ! He never came to the house, never showed up! THAT”s why I’m here!!!

A guy behind me and off to my left all of a sudden is laughing so hard he can’t talk, and finally says: I’m sorry, but I hadn't heard that expression since my Dad died!

Come to think of it, I couldn’t believe I said it myself, and it’s true, since MY dad died too!

4 comments:

Laura ESL Teacher said...

Let us together lament the death of customer service in America.

Jim Pantaleno said...

Whoops, I posted that comment as Laura not realizing she had signed on to Google. That said, I know she would agree with me.

Princess Pat said...

Well don't leave us in suspense. Did
you get your $35 back? You should
have gotten double for that comment.
You go!!!

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Yes I did Pat, all of it! Then I annoyed them on Facebook!