Saturday, September 28, 2013

I LIED


I confess, I lied deliberately and calculated the lie to deceive you. Yes Dear Reader, I had to, you see writing blogues are a daily report, a diary if you will of one’s life.

When we got the news that TLC (The Lovely Courtney) and #1 Son were expecting my grandchild, we were asked not to say anything until the parents were in a safe area first. That meant waiting for the 14th week before announcing it.

With the news that a grandchild was coming, we decided to expand our guest room by removing the current occupant to another locale and redoing the room to accommodate the larger family.

My lie is that we were “selling” the house, which was to some extent true, but not completely.

Since we don’t know the sex of the child, we painted the room a yellow, a bright, cheerful yellow to match my sunny disposition and/or sallow complexion.

This is big news! This is bigger than dinner! Everyday it sinks deeper into my consciousness that I will be seeing the future hopefully. Most people my age are seeing their grandchildren attending and even graduating college.

Now here is the clincher, this child will be the first Del Broccolo of this newest generation! The baby’s Great Grandmother Olympia stated this news to me!

As the great Mel Allen would say: “How ‘bout that!”



No comments: