Thursday, September 19, 2013

NO SMALL CHANGE

WHAT? Him cheap!!!
If there is one thing I am not, it is cheap. On occasion I am sometimes judicious in what I will pay for, but never cheap. More often than not, I encourage TLW (The Little Woman) to pay more because I have learned that you get what you pay for.

The other morning we were running low on milk and TLW asked if I would go to the store and get a gallon of milk, and of course, even though I was using my gas in my car and lowering the value of the vehicle exponentially, I said ‘Yes.’

Handing me $5, she returns to her newspaper and I to my Internet browsing. About 10 minutes later she says: “Are you going to the store?”

“Yes”

“Are you getting yourself a roll?”

“I guess so?”

“Would you get me one too, I gave you enough?”

“Well, do you know what a gallon of milk costs today? And a roll, do you know how much a buttered roll cost these days?”

“$1.29” This is said like it is fact.

“No, the milk is $3.89 alone, each roll is $1.09!”

“Oh, so you are telling me that I have to give you another $1?”

“Nooooo, just saying.”

She hands me the dollar and I take it.

“I guess you have to be paid for wear and tear on your car!”

 “Not to mention gas.”

“I didn’t.”

Look, I save all my money so I can buy her a present for her birthday, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and let’s not forget anniversaries, including January 15, the day we got officially engaged. Every little dollar counts for her happiness.

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY if you have one today, if you don't, get over it.

No comments: