Sunday, September 08, 2013

THE CRY


Every now and then I get a cry for help from TLW (The Little Woman). She has a PC that we both hate, and it seems to give her trouble. I happen to be a Mac guy, as you can plainly see by the eloquence of these words. I love my Mac, I won’t say I bring it to bed with me every evening, but when TLW gets up early at the crack of dawn, I put my Mac in next to me and tuck it in.

Lately the cry for help has been sounded too often and sounds like a Klaxton horn on a submarine in an emergency dive!

JOE!

Yes dear?

This darn computer is giving me trouble again!

What’s wrong now?

It keeps telling me I have to upgrade, renew my Norton and update, and no matter what I do, these windows keep popping up!

Well what are you trying to do?

I’m trying to go on the damned Internet, but the pop-up windows won’t let me!

Have you tried talking nicely to it?

HOW COME YOU DON’T HAVE THESE PROBLEMS???

Well, for one thing, I talk nicely to my computer and secondly, I have a Mac.

Do you still have the old Mac that I couldn’t get on the Internet with? You seemed to get on OK, how come I couldn’t?

Once again, I spoke nicely to it.

Oh don’t give me that crap, see if you can fix it so I can get on the Internet and get rid of this piece of crap. Meanwhile, give me your computer so I can get on Amazon.com.

Being married has so many advantages, I don’t have to think for myself, I manage to do things automatically whether I want to or not, and I only need two words, Yes or No and follow it up with dear. Economy of words, thoughts and it is all action for exercise.




No comments: