Tuesday, September 24, 2013

WHAT’S GOING ON?


Ah love!

I turn my back and another baby is all grown up and “In a relationship”!

Perusing the Internet I wind up on Facebook one day and what do I see? A picture of my niece and nephew Laurie Ann and Gerard O’Hara’s son Stephen, standing next to this beautiful young lady named Savannah Ree, who happens to be Stephen’s new main squeeze! She's even prettier than me!

If I am not mistaken, it was a hot July Friday on my birthday when my older sister (much older) Tessie called with the news that she was a grandmother for the first time! She informed me that the date would now have some real significance since it would be her grandson’s birthday and something to celebrate. Just goes to show how important I am in my own family!

Actually wanted to be my lawyer
I remember when I was a dad for the second time, and then going to a wedding the next day. In that time period I watch untold little league baseball games, soccer, football and basketball games, went to his college to watch him graduate and then his getting married to my beautiful daughter-in-law TLC (The Lovely Courtney)!

Ah, more love!
Of course in that span of 24 hours there were others, like my nephew David, also went to school and had a child Daxton with his lovely wife Kim and another on the way in that same time frame.

Just this morning I was talking to the guy in the mirror, a simple chap who shows up every morning, telling him I remember when he was running around the streets of Brooklyn,the day right before my older sister (much older) Tessie called about her news!

And so Stephen is now no longer little. He is about 6’4” and has curly hair, just like his great Uncle Joe, and has a “relationship” going, He is a pretty darn good Lacrosse player at Lenoir–Rhyne University on a scholarship in college.

As for me… I think I’ll just go back to bed, pull the covers over my head and try to remember my days at dear old Bellport High School, or maybe the streets of Brooklyn, and cry.

No comments: