Thursday, October 31, 2013

DIG THEY MUST!


10-27-13-Holbrook


The good doctor is in the hard hat
You remember that slogan by I think it was Con ED? ‘DIG WE MUST’?

Well tomorrow I go for a colonoscopy! Collaborating with me will be the good doctor, Dr. E. X. Cavator, who I know just like Dr. Strangeglove, and Dr. Haveaheart will do a fine job. Dr. Cavator is no stranger to the territory and has been digging up there for years. It seems like jury duty, he is summoned every three years and does a fine job. I have cautioned him that if he leaves any tools up there, they are mine. The only surprise is that my eye doctor, Dr. Seemore doesn’t assist in the initial look!

Is there someone BEHIND me?

Dr. Seemore

Dr. Strangeglove
The worst part of the whole procedure is of course the day before. That is when they give you that gosh awful stuff to mix with water and you force yourself to drink it down with six gallons of water all at once. Then the day of the procedure you do it all over again.

You really must qualify!
If polops were money, I’d be a rich man, as every time Dr. Cavator digs he finds more! So every three years he likes to add to his collection.

An alternate procedure?
Actually once you take that poison they prescribe, being hungry is not so important as making sure the toilet is always available at a moments notice. I get my exercise in, feel flushed after a while and wish only for a happy death.

Fortunately there will be football on all day and even a World Series game to take my mind off my butt, and off the fact that I am hungry. I have stocked to Sunday newspapers so I have a lot to read and of course, there is always Facebook to read and contribute to. I might even write another blogue or two to contribute to world opinion.

You Dear Readers: are very lucky that I bring you this information as a public service. If you are over 50 and have never had a colonoscopy, it can save your life, and here is the best part, it doesn’t hurt, there are no side affects and you walk out after the procedure itself, having the best sleep of your life.

As for Dr. E. X. Cavator, he has traversed where no man has gone before!

1 comment:

Michele DePalo said...

Hope you are polyp-less this time.