Tuesday, October 29, 2013

MIGHT AS WELL JUST PACK IT IN

-->
There is nothing left for me. Nothing. This morning I was greeted by TLW (The Little Woman) and she had news for me.

“I got an email from Apple yesterday telling me there is an upgrade to the I-pad!”

Trying to find my way at the early hour, I continued to listen.

There she sits acting important on her I-pad!
“So I did it myself, you don’t need to worry about it. I went into settings. I was very easy, and I’m sure you can do it!”

Me: “Well if I can’t, I’ll call you.”

She then began to tell me how and what and why, all I needed was her to wipe my chin and I would be finished.

And so another thing in life of my self-importance is swept away.

So where do I go from here? What is left? Do I go and find a park bench with a cup of tea and watch the world go by? I’d go visit my 95-year old mother, but she has a boy toy, I could go for a walk, but I’m afraid someone will want to help me cross the street. Maybe I’ll take up smoking, say cigars. With a cigar I can wear a pinky ring and look important. Maybe I’ll even add a tie and really look the part. But of course if I look too important people might hit me up for money!

I still take out the garbage, that must count for something?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL NEIGHBOR
 Allison Rothar-Ignelzi

No comments: