Tuesday, October 22, 2013

OWWWWWWWW!

-->
I was perusing through Facebook one morning and came across the photo you see. It is of my great niece ALEXA MARIE, and as you can see she is a beautiful child with the greatest dimples you could probably have. She is the daughter of Sarah and Alex Pombano. It got me thinking way back.

Many years ago, when I use to visit my Aunt Tessie and Uncle Joe in Patchogue, my aunt always greeted me rather enthusiastically.  Apparently as a small child I had dimples and big puffy cheeks, and upon entering her doorway, I would always brace myself for the inevitable: a bite on the cheeks! God how I hated that!

Aunt Tessie was my mother’s sister and Uncle Joe was my father’s brother, and every once in a while we would go to Patchogue on a Sunday and visit them. I would enter and she would wait for when I wasn’t looking and pounce on her unsuspecting victim, taking her teeth right to the edge of removing a chunk of cheek, leaving a temporary impression that I could feel for a few moments after she did her work.

She was a loving person, who was always happy and laughing, she adored children and talked about 90 miles a minute. We actually have a successor to her in my bby sister Mary Ann, who can talk wallpaper off a wall, a statue off a pedestal and a body out of its grave! That too, was Aunt Tessie!

Although I always loved my aunt, I did hate her for a few moments of each greeting, and she would plan her attack deliberately and enthusiastically, devil may care, saliva and all!

And so, when I see little Alexa, I just may get my revenge on her, she sure has the cutes and the cheeks!

No comments: