Wednesday, October 23, 2013

STRANGE IN THE NIGHT

-->
Twice a year I go up to Albany NY for a convention, meet other agencies and share information or strategies while dealing with the future and NY State. There is the Fall convention in late October and a Spring convention in late April. In the fall we stay at the former Crowne Plaza, now the Hilton Albany. This particular hotel has a rather nice large indoor pool and two of my associates from the Suffolk Chapter of the NYSARC umbrella organization will meet in the early morning before breakfast and take a dip in the pool.

There is Jim our president of the board, and Ken like myself a former president of the board, two guys I would do anything for because they are good people with the same passion I have, the agency and Arthur Avenue in the Bronx, or aka Little Italy.

However today’s story is focused on the life of these two gentlemen and swimming early in the morning which we all know is sick, crazy and not a good idea.

The day we arrived, the two gentlemen arranged to meet in the morning at 6:30 am to go for their swim.  They would meet at the pool, swim, then shower and come to breakfast. Very nice.

The next morning I having my priorities straight and in order am eating my breakfast, a rather nice affair of apple juice, buttered bagel, scrambled eggs and bacon with hash browns. Who shows up but Jim.

Good morning Jim, how was your swim?

You better ask Ken about that.

Why, did you lose your string in your bathing suit?

No.

Did Ken lose his?

No.

Who shows up next but Ken.

Good morning Ken, I heard you had quite a time swimming this morning.

You know DelBloggolo, you know this electronic stuff better than I do, you ought to come up to my room 218 and show me how to set the damned Timex clock!

Why?

Well, I set the clock for 6:20, the clock rang this morning and I jumped into my bathing suit and went to the pool saw a sign that said the pool wouldn’t open until 7:00 a.m.! So I called Jim and told him the pool wasn’t opening until seven.

Jim adds the fact that his phone rang at 4:20 am to hear Ken say the pool doesn’t open until seven, looked at his clock and said: “OK”.

Then Ken adds: Then I get on the elevator at 4:30 in the morning in a bathing suit and no shoes with a flight attendant. What was SHE thinking?

Good question Ken, what was she thinking????

No comments: