Tuesday, October 15, 2013

THE EARLY MORNING SCARE


A funny thing happened to me the other morning. It seems my wife TLW (The Little Woman)
purchased me a new phone that is an android I think. If you don’t know what an android is, it is a person that has robotic insides but looks like a human on the outside. In other words it is like a husband! This definition comes via #2 Son.

Anyway, I was having my coffee and I don’t like my cell phone on until after 10 am, because the battery lasts longer into the day that way. TLW purchased a new case to wear on my belt so the phone isn’t in my side pocket. But it seems that every time I put the phone in the holster, it would somehow turn on, frustrating me. This went on about three or four times before 7:00 am!

Around 7:15 am, thinking my phone is off: it suddenly comes alive! On the other end is Tessie, my older sister (much older) calling me to tell me she is off to see my 95-year old mother. Henry Mom’s friend has called to say he needs Tessie, my older sister (much older) with urgency. She in turn calls me and I am off to Mom’s house.

When I arrive at Mom’s Tessie, my older sister (much older) is already there. As I was driving, it seemed like every slow driver in the county was in front of me, every light turned red on me and it seemed I would never get to Mom’s house.

Turns out, Mom had fallen while on the way to her den. Henry had trouble getting her up and so called my sister Tessie, my older sister (much older). Mom had no feeling in her legs and was temporarily numb, but the feeling came back and she was fine the rest of the day.

But it was strange that the phone would behave like it did!

No comments: