Tuesday, December 31, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

-->
Laugh, it's the one thing we can all do together and feel better
Well once again, we’ve wrapped another year up: this time as 2013. There is a lot of good and bad that went on and I will look forward to 2014.

First of all to all you readers, who make it meaningful to ramble on in this venue, thank you for reading. Love comes in many forms an you prove it. I can only wish you a great year in 2014, one filled with prosperity and love.

I have a wish, I wish that that world get some peace, that we can put aside our religious differences, and that our political views don’t become wrapped up in unchallenged ideologies and we employ self-logic for a change.

I am making the same New Year’s resolution that I kept this year, that is: NO resolutions! My record goes unblemished from last year!

I will TRY to do the following, carry a notepad so I don’t forget. I seem to go into rooms and forget where I’m going, reach into closets wondering why and staring into opened refrigerators getting frost bit wondering what I wanted.

Not complain about being the only one in the house to replace boxes of tissue, toilet paper and paper towels, putting cereal boxes away and throwing out stuff left on the kitchen counters by others.

Driving, I will not single out every jackass who is behind the wheel, especially those that cut me off. Maybe I’ll carry a gun and just shoot them. I will remember to check my blinker after the turn, and to park away from entrances so I get more exercise in malls and shopping centers.

I will try very hard to be nicer to unsolicited sales calls, not do more to them than I am already, but still waste their time. (Forget this one)

Try to be funny for a change on this blogue.

Watch my language in front of TLW (The Little Woman). She is getting on in years and doesn’t need this old fool shocking her system.

Be nicer to charities that call during the Christmas season asking for more of my money that all the retailers and charities took in a blitz through my wallet the previous month before hanging up on them.

Be kinder to people, such as people I disagree with, newscasters that think the show is about them and not the news, such as John Idiot the weatherman. (oops!)

Be more tolerant of people in stores who waste my time on checkout lines while they count their pennies, write checks ot have more than 300 items on a 12 or less line.

Continue to keep the urge down to key a car or two when the idiot deliberately takes up two spaces in a parking lot. (I’ve been tempted)

Try to put away patiently, all the Christmas stuff from the tree and snow village, and do it quietly.


Have a Safe and Happy New Year from this grumpy old fool and his wonderful and patient wife.

2 comments:

Diana said...

"happy New Year to you all too! God Bless!"

Jim Pantaleno said...

Happy New Year to you and Ellen. It promises to be a great year with a new grandchild on the way.