Wednesday, December 18, 2013

PASSWORDS


We all have them, we all need them, we all have too many of them.

For a while, I’ve been having problems with the Internet reception. It seems that it would take sometimes and sometimes it wouldn’t! This can be frustrating and annoying, especially when you think you need a quick answer to something. Couple all that with TLW (The Little Woman) wanting to get on the Internet and being denied makes for a very unhappy DelBloggolo.

“JOE! I can’t get on the Internet!”

Source of my woes
“Why?”

“I don’t know: that’s your job to find out. If I go into the kitchen, it let’s me on, but if I sit in the den, I can’t get on. AND DON’T TELL ME IT’S MY ATTITUDE!”

I go upstairs to my office and investigate, with TLW’s orders still ringing in my ears and discover that another network is over-riding my network, the famed and internationally acclaimed, Joseph Del Bloggolo network! I go into my main computer files and discover also that for me to fix the problem, they will make it interesting, they pop up a password entry field for me to guess what I used back in ’02 for a network password.

If I have one mental block in my head, it is for passwords. I can type one in and immediately forget it once I use it. Do I record the password immediately? No. Do I at least say it twice to myself? No. Is it a password I should remember? Yes, but do I, No! This is called in professional network terms: ‘Stupid’! If I am ever captured by the enemy and tortured, I would not be able to reveal my password. This is probably why I forget it once I use it, for security reasons.

Many years ago, I was doing a very important job for a company in the city that required secrecy because we were in direct competition with another company for a client. I would take my work home at night do more work, guarding everything with my life. Then on the local news there was a story about lost and found on the railroad on which I was a daily rider. This got me to thinking that I needed some kind of extra security, and so got an attaché case with a combination to lock it. I thought about it and used the double-digit numbers of three Mets players. This was brilliant I thought, what the heck, who would figure that out? I couldn’t. It took me three tries to, because I forgot the order of the players!

Facebook is another issue, along with Apple and every account I have on the Internet, plus the password for my computers, all are different. Experts tell you: you should never use the same password so I don’t, except God forbid when Yahoo does their little thing occasionally to screw my mind over with “Enter password” and I have to try to remember what the hell it is. My I-pad and Kindle are also making me blind, not to mention my cell phone, which was created by an android!

The password situation has driven me to anguish, sobbing, pouting, crying hysterically and cursing.

I tell TLW that she will have to have patience with me to get to the Joseph Del Bloggolo network since that is being restored, and I can't remember the password.

“WHAT!?” You don’t write your passwords down!!!!!?????”

“No, I should but I don’t”

We begin the quest to find the password for the Joseph Del Bloggolo network, and miracle of miracles after the third try, we hit it!

“You know Joe, for someone with such a good memory, you should recall your passwords, if not, WRITE THEM DOWN!”

“Yes dear.”

She then takes out a book and records the Joseph Del Bloggolo network password! The only problem is neither of us can read her handwriting.

No comments: