Saturday, January 04, 2014

CRAB GRASS


Yes, that magical event that we all live in fear of, getting sick arrived late this holiday season. Usually it comes at Christmas or worst yet, Christmas Eve, waited until after between Christmas and New Year’s Eve.

If I may quote an old schoolmate of mine:
Nick and I are both down with our post-Christmas rhinovirus. Of course, being of the male species, he is much sicker than I. (You ladies know what I mean.) I hope 2014 holds good things for all of you.”

Now this woman: and I’m not going to mention any names but her initials are Michele DePalo’s, has been making trouble for Nick for many years. In fact only recently while he was reading his Bible, (A very holy man) SHE was making a lot of noise with a mop. There are too numerous other incidents that have been perpetrated on the poor guy for me to go into here. But her remarks imply that men are babies and women aren’t. Ha!

Take a spider, a mouse or even a little bug, and see how fast they yell for help. Men get sick worst than women because they are usually larger than their wives, they cover more ground, thus: more ground more sickness. Not unlike a lawn, a small lawn has less crab grass than a larger lawn. (I like it)

Now I’m sick as a dog, and TLW (The Little Woman) is as sick as I am. I am writing this blogue, and she is taking down the tree.  I would take it down myself but my lawn is too large, hers is smaller, she can do it better with that smaller lawn. So, even though she is as sick as I am, I am sicker.

As a baby, while I was feverish, coughing, and with a headache, I drove into the city to see a Broadway show, dinner and breakfast the next day.

Somewhere in history, women got the notion that men were babies, my mother would say it about my father, and my sisters said it about their husbands. They are all wrong, I am right.

You can thank me in the ‘Comments’ at the bottom.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Feel better and stay warm, Joseph. Colder than a banker's heart out there.