Monday, January 13, 2014

I’D LIKE TO THANK ALL THE LITTLE PEOPLE WHO MAKE ME LOOK TALLER.

-->
Well, I guess by now you have heard either through Facebook, TV or the press, that The Big Bang Theory has won another People’s Choice Award. Unless you live under a rock and still know me, you know #1 Son Anthony is one of the many talented writers and producers on that show.

To me the award is a great thing, but what is greater is that he is working on that show. Just think about it, here is a kid who always gets adopted for one reason or another by others. When I was working at Publishers Clearing House, I got him to work for the company. The day before he started I was known as Joe Del Bloggolo, senior art supervisor, the day after, as Anthony’s father. There’s a lesson in that boys and girls, stay away from that kid. Even my old boss, Tom Owens, who looks like St. Paul, started calling him: “Our son.”

Back row, third from your right
Being I was sick the night of the awards, I fell asleep early and when I woke up it was the next morning. Coming downstairs I am greeted by TLW (The Little Woman) who says: while holding the remote control: “Are you ready?” She clicks on the remote and on comes the people’s Choice Awards and: “The People’s Choice Award for best comedy goes to… Joe Del Bloggolo’s son.”

Well, maybe it didn’t go quite like that but close. Accepting on my behalf was #1 Son: all spiffy and dressed up just like that time in Nursery School, when the whole class did a hop like a bunny dance. 

It is very hard for me to keep this quiet, the fact that he works on the Big Bang Theory, so please forgive me if I get too obnoxious, rather than my standard obnoxicity. (I made up that last word)

https://www.google.com/search?q=big+bang+theory+people's+choice+awards&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

3 comments:

Diana said...

Obnoxicity? Love it, adding that new word to my "dictionary of life". But anyway, congratulations to all and especially #1 son.......I know you're all so proud!!!

Anthony said...

Thanks, Dad! I told the Director of the People's Choice Awards to give out the Best Comedy award earlier in the night because my parents needed to go to sleep -- but he wouldn't accommodate me. Thanks for waking up for it. And thanks for always supporting my dreams over the years.

Love,

#1 Son

P.S. I'm just a writer, not one of the Producers. Hopefully I will be someday!

Michele DePalo said...

You have every right to be proud and to brag about Anthony's success (especially since you had a lot to do with it). Hell, I brag about him and I don't even know him. I can't imagine how I would be if he were MY son. It's just all SO EXCITING!!!