Monday, January 27, 2014

JUST ASK

-->
Visiting Mom at her hospital bed is tough. She has a hard time seeing and hearing. Old age has taken its toll. With me for this visit is my older sister Tessie (much older) and she is sitting at the foot of mom’s bed, while I occupy a chair next to mom.

Tessie: “Did you sleep well last night Mom?”
Mom: “WHAT?”
Me: “She said I look MUCH younger than her!”
Tessie: “How are you eating?’
Mom: “WHAT?”
Me: “She says she is jealous of how much better looking I am!”
Tessie: “He’s really getting annoying now!”
Mom: “WHAT?”
Me: “She says she wishes she had my brains too.”
Tessie: “Did Henry come to visit yet?”
Mom: “WHAT?”
“She says she wants all the money in the will to go to me because I deserve it more than her.”

Tessie my older sister (much older) decides to move her chair close to mom.
Tessie: “Ma, don’t pay attention to him.”
Mom: “I never do.”
!

There is this deep dislike for me because I turned out prettier than the girls. I had natural curly hair, my own room growing up, and of course just a sweetheart, and that’s from mom, the girls aren’t too happy either.

No comments: