Sunday, February 16, 2014

OR ELSE!


With all the snow, ice and cold we have been having this winter, TLW (The Little Woman) has had it. As she plopped down into her recliner the other night before another big storm, she made this pronouncement:

“It better start ending soon! I’m sick and tired of this snow and cold I want to feel warm again!’

This caught my attention and I thought: Finally someone who can do something about the weather!

Standing, she places her hands on her hips and looks at me square in the eyes and says once again: “It better stop or else!”

Suddenly, an uncontrollable urge to laugh comes over me and I start laughing. TLW ignores me or at least tries to and suddenly a big grin crosses her face.

 She had come down to earth with the earthlings, realizing there is nothing short of moving to California she could possible do about it. But it better be southern California because I think it snows up north. It seems the people down south, the snow birds in many places like Atlanta are being killed under the relentlessness of the onslaught of snow and ice, a place that is not prepared or accustomed to the frigidity and severity of it all!

This is not fun, it is not right that people have to risk their lives and go to work in dangerous conditions, just so the man can make his money. There should be a law that states over four inches of snow for a certain period automatically bans everyone except police, donut deliveries fire and hospital personnel from the roads. Oh and of course that moron who keeps plowing me in while he clears my street.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Snow...the Southern Italian's Kryptonite!!