Friday, February 28, 2014

%@$*%$%^U&@$%^!


OR AS I SAY, IT GETS ANNOYING SOMETIMES.

Modern technology is becoming a pain in the butt. Mine in particular, so therefore it hurts a little more.

I have an android phone. The phone is not the convenience I imagined it would be, but instead a hindrance to my maintaining my sanity. Recently I went to it to include a phone number, and discovered it is better not to call at all than to try to put a phone number into it. Remember how nice and easy it was years ago, with that old fashioned rotary phone? You had a small phone book or even a large one for your desk, and you opened it, wrote down the last name and added a phone number. You closed the book and didn’t worry about anything except maybe finding a pencil to write with. Not anymore! If you were out of your house or office and needed to make a call then you went to a public phone booth and slipped in a quarter and made your connection that way. All nice and easy.

Recently, because TLW (The Little Woman) had finished reading her newspaper, decided she needed some kind of amusement and so decided to give me her phone book and said to add these two phone numbers to my android. One was a home number and one a cell number. (She picks on me a lot for amusement)

That is when the trouble started.

When I first got the phone, a present from TLW, I read the book and successfully for the most part put in all the phone numbers I had, but since then, I haven’t tried until recently. Not having the instruction book for the android, I tried without it. I could look for the book, but I have no idea where the hell I put it, but I do know it is where I thought it would be easy to find, accessible the right place to put it. It is the remembering where that is, is the problem.

I try to enter a name, and I can’t because somehow it won’t let me save it, once I figure that out, I enter a phone number and then try to add another and the first one disappears! On top of that, I am sitting under the skylight and the sun is now glaring in my eyes, making it hard for me to see. I continue to try and even move my location, but try as I might; the other phone number disappears as I add the alternate. TLW grows bored watching and decides to go shopping, but first leaves me with instructions from the Internet and Youtube.com. The trouble is the guy giving the instructions is talking too fast and I have to go to the bathroom.

She comes and asks: “Did you solve your problem?”
“Yes, I went to the bathroom.”

No comments: