Friday, February 07, 2014

WHAT’S IN A NAME?


As they say: “A rose is a rose is a rose” or “A rose by any other name would smell the same.” Don’t believe it.

I have Power of Attorney for my mom since she can’t sign her name. I pay all her bills and anything that requires her signature I take care of. I hate doing it but it needs to be that way.

Recently, my sister Fran was out from the land of nutmeg and was staying at mom’s house. There was an issue with the cesspool and the cesspool company came and fixed it temporarily, and they left the bill that was paid by check with a initialized check.

As I went through the mom’s Bills, I came across this one bill, from Outback, for the sum of $352 and wondered why they went to the restaurant and spent that much money for 4 people, and in fact, what were they doing spending Mom’s money?

I got on the phone and called my older sister Tessie (much older) and inquired about the dinner, and how much did they eat. My older sister Tess (much older) was confused by my question.

“What restaurant???”

“Outback”

“Outback! I haven’t been to Outback in years!”

“Then why do I have this check made out to Outback???”

In the background, TLW (The Little Woman) is shouting at me.

“JOE! The check was made out to the cesspool company called OUTBACK!”

The cesspool company is named Outback, and the restaurant is named Outback, is one a supplier to the other, or are they delivering????

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Outback is a great name for a cesspool company. My favorite company name in this genre though is one I saw on the side of a truck that serviced porta-potties: Yesterday's Meals on Wheels.