Sunday, March 16, 2014

GENIUS, PURE AND SMPLE


The other day Mom asked me to suspend her cable service. She feels there is no point in having to pay for something she doesn’t watch anymore.

Being a dutiful son, I get her cable bill and call Cablevision. This is a company that I feel is pretty good, they rarely if ever screw up and try to please their customers. I just wish they would make the various phone numbers more obvious when you need to talk to them. After searching all over the bill I take a stab at one number, then another and finally connect!

I give them the account number and the phone number along with the address and a gentleman on the other end takes all the information and assures me he will take care of it immediately. I hang up satisfied and relax a little bit. I decide to put on my TV to further my education in the law, I’ll watch Judge Judy.

I turn on the set and this big notice appears on my TV
“YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE YOUR SET TOP”
Not knowing what the Hell that means I call the phone number on the screen to talk to a representative.

Instead of Mom’s cable service being suspended, they suspended mine!

I guess its their way of saying: You want to end a service, I'll end a service for you!

No comments: