Tuesday, March 04, 2014

IN THE COLD, COLD, COLD OF THE MORNIN’


Like I do every morning, I take a shower. This is for the simple reason that I don’t hear too well and need to get up close to people so I can hear them.

Every morning I step into the huge water bucket and run the hot water and it gets the job done, except for one morning recently on Feb 26th. It all goes back to the day a friend of mine complained that her shower water was too cold in the morning and wondered if her water heater was going. I explained to her that if you take a shower first thing in the morning, the water is just lying there all night and runs lukewarm, that you need to run an appliance first to get the water hot. A dishwasher or clothes washer does the trick very nicely, and so she tried it and it worked.

Doctor heal: they self!

This particular morning my water was running cold!

Immediately I figured TLW (The Little Woman) was running something while I was showering, and thought, it must be part of her evil plot to kill me and get all that insurance money and run away with a young stud. I imagined her turning on the water tap and laughing to herself, or standing by the washing machine with her finger on the start button waiting to hear the sound of the shower start, then like a mad scientist pushing the button with a sinister laugh.

Once you stand there in the cold running water shower, in Mother Nature’s finest attire, not only does your body shake, so does your mind shiver! You can’t think a thought through and you have to get out!

Turns out nothing was running, not the dishwasher nor washing machine was doing its thing, so I bailed and didn’t do my thing. But once I warmed up and dried out, I realized how irrational I can be about sinister plots that don’t really exist. However, the last fact will not curb my enthusiasm for suspicion and plots to do me in, in the future.

No comments: