Saturday, March 15, 2014

RIGHT BACK AT CHA!

-->
Rheobatrachus silus
In 2013 the Lazarus Project scientists revealed that they successfully recovered frozen tissue from the 1970's and rejuvenated the cells of the Rheobatrachus silus, a species of frog that has been extinct since 1983! So I guess you are wondering what the Hell THAT has to do with the price of good pepperoni?

It means that if you wait long enough, everything comes back in vogue, even me.  Black will be the new black, and recently I have been having a spate of social relevance, my #1 son with the help of TLC (The Lovely Courtney) are having their first child, or My first grandchild! While all my contemporaries have had grandchildren, and some many, I have been left out of the picture, not relevant to their conversations or part of the comparisons. I seriously at one point was thinking of adopting a grandchild.

I sit at a Board meeting, and someone mentions their grandchild, or some other meeting and a grandchild comes up, me… I just bury my head in my shirt and listen all the while being envious.

So in about 15 days, I will be like that Rheobatrachus silus, a specie what has not been relevant since the 80’s. But will I be like those annoying grandparents who go on for hours and brag about their grandchild? Will I speak endlessly about some cute thing the kid did? Will I make a nuisance of myself about how beautiful this child will be? I think so. Maybe like that Rheobatrachus silus, I’ll croak.
Have a good day!

  

"Grandpa, I'm really proud of you," said the modish young lady.

"What's to be proud of?" asked the old man.

The young lady replied, "I noticed that when you sneeze, you've learned to put your hand in front of your mouth."

"Of course," explained Grandpa.

"How else can I catch my teeth???"

No comments: