Thursday, April 10, 2014

I’M A SENIOR CITIZEN!

-->
I am a senior citizen...

- I'm the life of the party... even when it lasts 'till 8pm.

Recently TLW (The Little Woman) sent me to the store to buy some milk. We drink 1%, why I don’t know, but it still looks like milk. As we get heavier from old age I guess 1% IS a good idea. - I'm anti-everything now: anti-fat, anti-smoke, anti-noise, anti-inflammatory, anti politicians!

As I was paying for the milk the storeowner, a woman, was muttering to herself out loud enough for me to hear. What she said was curious and brought me back to another time in my life.

I had a favorite uncle, Uncle Frank, a kind and wise man that had a great sense of humor, worked for the government at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and served in the U.S. Army under General George Patton.  Uncle Frank told me that whenever he entered a building for the first time as a soldier, he would cock his rifle and search the room for a back door or window as a precaution. This has nothing to do with anything except now, as a senior citizen, whenever I enter a room or new building: I search out the toilet, as a precaution. In that mode: I'm walking more (to the bathroom) but enjoying it less!

Anyway, to get back to the store owner, she kept muttering: “Friday, she doing it on a Friday! She’s doing it on a Friday! Well… she’s old anyway, it makes her happy!” I realized she was probably talking about an old friend or aunt in her 60’s who maybe was getting married. At first I laughed, then thought how insulting that is to older people! I'm a Senior Citizen and I think I am having the time of my life... Aren't I?


No comments: