Friday, April 11, 2014

IT’S NOT MY FIRST AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY COURTNEY!

-->
Today is the birthday of TLC (The Lovely Courtney) Who turns younger every day I get older!?
Courtney not only makes life beautiful, but she makes beautiful life, just look at her latest creation, La Principessa, Darby Shea, and see what I mean. 

As I sat in the restaurant, enjoying the company of the newly minted grandma, and having a pesto sauce with shrimp in a cream sauce, and a glass of Merlot, we discuss the events of the past two days and how happy we were in Burbank CA.

La Principessa (My granddaughter, Darby Shea) was indeed a changing event in my life, and so we celebrated alone, just the two of us.

With all the happiness of the past few days, we could feel woozy or disoriented, or just silly, but whatever it was, it was happening! I was suddenly feeling the earth move, the room shake and the lamp that hung over my head rattle, this was not a tarantella, and it was an event. Everyone had a nervous face on them in the restaurant and for good reason: the earth WAS shaking. We were experiencing an earthquake (5.1) as they later reported. I had my first grandchild AND my first California earthquake!

You say: “First CALIFORNIA earthquake?” That’s right amigos, my first earthquake was way back when at a meeting in Albany New York, as I sat to read my morning paper in the hotel room of the hotel. Actually it was the toilet, and when it struck, I thought maybe a heavy person in the room next door was sitting down and I thought: “Wow, when you have to go you have to go!”

Since to me it didn’t feel like much, when we got back to the hotel room, we put on the TV and they ere making a big deal about it, as every channel in LA was carrying the news. This substitutes for snow storms that they don’t get so they need something to make them get all excited, like our New York weathermen. The big babies!

Now I think I’ll come out from under the bed and hope it stays quiet.

Today is the birthday of TLC (The Lovely Courtney) Who turns younger every day I get older!?
Courtney not only makes life beautiful, but she makes beautiful life, just look at her latest creation, La Principessa, Darby Shea, and see what I mean. 

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Happy Birthday Courtney. Hope your daughter grows up to look like you.