Wednesday, April 02, 2014

KINDNESS KNOWS NO NAMES


I’ve been doing this blogue since 2006, and I think it has its own flavor, it is different from what I’ve read in other blogs, and I think I reach some people. It is not meant to be a literary gift to anyone including myself, but a relationship with the reader and me. Good old ordinary folks are what I love, not too fancy or self-important., that’s you! I want and love to relate to you all.

Every day for the past 8 years, I have tried to write what I feel, tell who I am and recognize all the wonderful people including my doctors and neighbors in this blogue . It has been fun and sometimes easy and sometimes hard. Someday it will end and I will know when the time is. I hope it isn’t soon, but when the time comes I will let you know.

I have met some really wonderful people in my past, and perhaps starting with the Fabulous 5 who encouraged me to write this blogue. There is MFF (My Favorite Fan) Laura, who along with #1 Son Anthony encouraged me, and what they did was gifted me, and for that I am grateful. There is Minnesota Pete, Pete the Teacher, Justin and Jason, the creative geniuses of filmmaking. That month in LA where I met these wonderful folks was a wonderful God given gift for yours truly.

And since 2006, I have gone the road of pure joy, opinion, and laughing at myself, with people such as Toots II: Lois, The Princess of Foxwoods Points – Pat, Mr. Fixit and his lovely wife Corrine and my doctors, who for some reason insist on keeping me alive, such as: Dr. Strangeglove, Dr. Haveaheart and Dr. Seemore, all with their desperate attempts at healing my body, instead of my mind.

But the people that more than anyone else who are just wonderful sports, who have been kidded but in my heart respected, my sisters and in-laws, and of course my parents, and needless to say, my wonderful wife TLW (The Little Woman) and #1 and #2 sons., my little girl and TLC, (The Lovely Courtney) who has brought a lot of joy to myself for being there for #1 Son, and the mother of my first ever grandchild, and for most of all the goodness that she is. That comes from her love of her parents, who did something very right.

I guess what I am driving at is that this is very personal to me, very close to my heart and soul, and you Dear Readers, are the reason.

Thank you after 8 years of writing. Please feel free to comment when you feel it along the way
Thanks, I love you all!
.


4 comments:

Diana said...

Thankyou to YOU, Joseph. I just wish I would've found your blog back when you started it!! I know a lot of your writings have made my day! Your a good man, and I wish only happiness for you and all.........especially the joy you and Ellen are sharing now as Grandparents. God Bless!!!! And please, keep up the good work!!

Jim Pantaleno said...

We all owe Dr. Strangeglove a debt for keeping you in the pink.

Anthony said...

And thank YOU for 8 years of laughs and fond memories. You are a great storyteller and probably the best historian I know, especially when it comes to the Del Broccolo family. Keep up the good work!

-#1 Son

Michele said...

It's been a special treat following your blogs. You've made me laugh, made me cry, and best of all, made me think. Thank you for sharing your feelings, your thoughts and your stories with us. You're a talented man in so many ways, and I appreciate you and your friendship.