Friday, April 25, 2014

OH HOW I MISS YOU TONIGHT!

-->
Oh! How I miss you tonight
Miss you while lights are low
Oh! How I need you tonight
More than you'll ever know
Each moment though we're apart
You're never out of my heart
But I'd rather be lonely and wait for you only
Dear one, how I miss you tonight
Miss you while lights are low
More than you'll ever know
Each moment though we're apart
You're never out of my heart
But I'd rather be lonely and wait for you only
Dear one, how I miss you tonight.

No, I’m not crazy or pining for love, just hearing this song in my head, over and over.

It seems when I drive at night I have trouble finding streets or exits. I can see well enough, I can negotiate the road well, but darn it, I keep missing the streets and exits. One would think with a GPS I’d do well, but the GPS is tricky, it looks like I turn when I turn too soon! And to add confusion to an already hopelessly confused person, the GPS will deliberately confuse me when I’m told to turn.
Mine isn't this new, and hates me

GPS: “Turn right on Fifth Street then turn left” the voice in the box commands, so I follow. What the voice doesn’t tell you is: “Turn left at the second corner”!

As I make my turn too soon, the GPS (A woman) immediately starts to yell: “Recalculating, recalculating!” Shut up.

Now I’m no dummy, I know things. Never argue with a woman when she’s wrong, Never feed stray in-laws or cats, and wear everything around your neck so you can find it. But the GPS has a habit of taking advantage of my senility and incompetence behind the guidance it pours forth.

You must ask yourself: “Dummy, why do you use it if it confuses you?”


I’d be all alone without it!

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

I changed the voice on my GPS to a woman with a cool British accent. She still yells at me but it doesn't sound so naggy.

Jim Pantaleno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.