Wednesday, April 09, 2014

SAYING GOODBYE IS HARD TO DO.


It was 3:30 pm as we finished up our visit with mom, my two sisters left before me and I kissed my mother goodbye. Slowly I started to walk to the door when she called me back.

“Joe! Would you put on the TV for me?”

I go back to her bedside and reach for the remote and turn on the set.

“Put on channel 2.”

I turn to channel 2 and set the remote down, and head for the door once again.

“Joe, can you adjust me so I am square, I’m leaning too much to the side, make me more parallel to the TV.”

Me: “Is that better? Do you need more to the side, is that good?”

“I guess.”

I head for the door once again.

“Joe! Could you raise my head a little higher?”

I return to the bed and take the hand control and raise her head a little higher until she is happy with it.

Once again I head for the exit.

“Joe! Could you shut the blinds for me too?”

I close the slates and cut off the daylight. Besides it was almost dark when I finally got away!

I head once more toward the exit, waiting for the call when…

“Joe? Would you put on my glasses for me?”

I have to learn to walk faster, but then I will die for sure in guilt.



No comments: