Monday, April 21, 2014

THEY STILL READ THOSE THINGS, DON’T THEY?


 
When I used to work for a living and had to go out into the cruel, cruel world, I would get dressed in the morning and head downstairs for my coffee and watch the news. That would start my day, watching the news and reading the newspaper as I did so. I would be interested in what the sports news and the business world were reporting, the two big items in the paper and the local and world news on the TV.
 
If I weren’t taking a train, I’d drive with the radio on for entertainment to kill the hour or so until I got to the office, listening to the likes of: ‘Imus in the Morning’ or a sports show where I could yell at the radio at some boneheaded idea.

I think he died but forgot to lie down!
This morning I noticed that we have the news on the TV going, and newspapers, (2) scattered on the coffee table, but the laptop computer or I-pad is in use! My culture is changing: the way we get our information is changing and is now more immediate. You all know the benefits of having a computer available to you, so you can understand how better informed we all are.

So really, what do I need with TV and the newspapers?

More than worthy of TV! La Principessa!
Aside from my attempt at Facetime on the TV through my I-pad with La Principessa Darby Shea, who needs TV? Newspapers? I don’t send expensive Waterford glasses through the mail at all, so I don’t need newspapers to wrap them.

So what happens when my newspapers are not delivered on time? I get on that phone and call those @#$%^%# and give them a piece of my mind, or what’s left of it. Suddenly my day seems empty, my sense of security is gone like my weekly allowance! No reception for my TV!!!! Well, those poor bastards at Cablevision will be getting a call from DelBloggolo for sure. Actually Cablevision has been terrific: they never screw up.

I guess I’m a creature of habit after all: my sisters would say just a ‘creature.”



No comments: