Monday, May 19, 2014

ANCIENT ARTIFACTS BEGIN AT HOME

-->
Last week I was given instructions from the high command that I had a chore to perform, and it needed to be done soon. Following orders has been my forte and I do it very well. It’s nothing kinky, only the mundane.

For Mother’s Day, my beautiful daughter Ellen gave her Mom a plant for motherhood and for not killing me yet. This white flowered plant (I’m from Brooklyn, don’t ask) needed to be planted and after great debate, she conducted the debate, debated in, I sat in the audience so to speak; we decided where we would put it in the yard.

Out to the fence I go where instructed and I lay the ground work for the digging. Tools, hose and peat were at the ready as was the plant.

I began digging away, the sweat pouring from the brow and the hands calloused to bleeding, imagining what I would look like after digging this hole. Undeterred, I began the excavation, slowly playing the displaced dirt around the whole when suddenly, and without warning, I strike an object! Curious, I play with the area until I find an ancient relic, that proceeds yesterday, circa 1991! Suddenly my heart rate goes way up as I slowly reveal the buried treasure, which I hope to safely secure before the archeologists or junk police, not to mention TLW (The Little Woman) finds out about the discovery and I have to throw it away.

This must have been #2 Son’s toy when he was about 3-years old and digging in the back yard once upon a time!


No comments: