Monday, May 26, 2014

BACK AGAIN!


Returning back to the emergency walk in clinic, my forefinger still raw from slicing it, I am called in once again after the world has gone in first. This time I have TLW (The Little Woman) with me along with #1 Son, since we will have lunch afterwards.

After a few days of walking around with this lump on my finger, I am really looking forward to getting rid of the big bandage and easing into something more comfortable. Besides, I’m tired of looking like I’m about to make a point.

Entering the scene of the stitching, and those needles that still make my hair stand on end, I wait for the nurse to show up finally to remove the bandage. Entering she greets me with a Spanish accent and a sweet smile and begins the process of removing the gauze, cutting with a scissor, as TLW witnesses the production as she did the Grand Canyon, with her eyes closed. http://delbloggolo.blogspot.com/search?q=Grand+Canyon

I flip TLW an occasional finger, not the bird, but the forefinger to try to remind her that she missed the Grand Canyon. She looks the other way and squeezes her eyes tightly shut.

As the nurse goes to take off the last layer of thin gauze, it is rock solid and can’t take it off without ripping the scabs ad causing more bleeding. We will have to soak it! This means another hour of pointless waiting with my finger stuck in the air. Sometimes I wish it were my middle finger the way I am feeling.

Once again the nurse returns, now I am getting hungry, antsy and annoyed. She surveys the situation and announces we have to soak some more! Another twenty minutes goes by and finally, I force off the gauze and she slides it off. This has been the visit Hell. If it weren’t for La Principessa (Darby Shea my granddaughter) who happens to be at Mommy and Me with TLC (The Lovely Courtney) this trip has been murder, cancelled flights, long waits in the airport and walk in clinics and of course a lesson in slicing and dicing.

What else could go wrong?

TOMORROW: WHAT AGAIN?


No comments: