Friday, May 09, 2014

DID I HEAR THAT RIGHT?


On this day in 1974, The US House of Representatives Judiciary Committee opened up formal and public impeachment hearings against President Richard Nixon, starting one of the most fascinating times in American history. I had two kids, one child 2 and one 1 year-old.

I was in more hot water than the President was, since I had to deal with one daughter, one son and one cranky wife who was dealing from a lack of sleep. It was the best of years and it was the worst of years, as one child would wake up in the middle of the night and wake the other, causing us to have two crying babies on our hands.

Back in those days TLW (The Little Woman) had excellent hearing, could hear me fold or unfold my wallet from the other room, or she could hear one of her cubs bark ever so slightly while in a sound sleep!

We lived in our little starter house and the kids rooms were upstairs and our bedroom downstairs. TLW would jump out of bed and race upstairs to quell the infantile rebellion that was occurring over our heads.

‘JOOOOOEEE, COME UP HERE AND TAKE ONE OF THESE KIDS!”
Little did we realize!

Ah yes, the gentle cry of the Little Woman, who could translate not only the desperate cry for help, but a deep seeded warning that If I didn’t she would kill me, not once, but twice.

As I approached the battleground, I could see most of her was already laid waste from her encounter and ambush by the second child. I would often wonder, why we didn’t have children first, see how it went, and if they were no fun, return them somehow.

In I would walk and look into TLW’s eyes and see a look of: “SEE WHAT YOU DID???”

And so Sunday is Mother’s Day, a day we all hold dear and special. It is a day to commemorate motherhood globally and well as within our own abodes, and as we do, remember it is more than just a recognition of a mom’s love, it really is a recognition of what she did for 9 months and then the following years thereafter, all for you.

If you are considered a mother: 
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!




No comments: