Saturday, June 21, 2014

HOW INTERESTING


Have you noticed that since we are making such strides in technology these days, that the news reporting is becoming more detailed, and more impelling?

If you turn on the news in the morning, with the use of cameras on phones and I-pads, you get to see the news as it occurs! All the details become vividly memorialized like never before.

When I was a young kid, maybe 7 or 8, Dad would give me a nickel in the morning and send me across the street to the corner candy store to buy the Daily News, the 'picture newspaper'. With its reporting on the events of the day, there was in the center section, a spread devoted only to pictures. This was fascinating to me to see all these interesting people and events unfolded in the center spread. Today, well it is a little different, and certainly more compelling in seeing the news unfold as it would have happened first hand on the TV and computers.

This morning before I even finished my first cup of coffee, on TV I saw a man on a motorcycle go flying through the air and land on his feet, walking away from what looked like a deadly accident! If that wasn’t enough, I ran the rapids in a rubber raft, skirting rocks and what not, with the raging river tossing me about, and crashing without spilling a drop of my coffee? I witnessed a jewelry store robbery, and a small miracle, the Mets winning a game.

I have a suspicion that most of this instantaneous video reporting is coming from all the people who are glued to their androids and I-phones, their noses buried deep into the devices and can’t help but capture all this footage. But just think about it, if you witness something like a crime on camera, your testimony is not necessary as long as the video you took is reporting accurately, soon you may not need to appear in court as a witness, just your footage!

No comments: